The Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work (RSCPHSW) is one of eleven academic colleges within Florida International University. It consists of the Departments of Biostatistics, Dietetics and Nutrition, Environmental and Occupational Health, Epidemiology, Health Policy and Management, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, and the School of Social Work.
To advance and integrate health and social welfare, we seek excellence in education, research, and service for diverse communities and a dynamic population.
To serve the South Florida community by increasing, sharing, and applying knowledge, wisdom, and ethical decision making in public health and social welfare. Our mission is carried out through:
• Educating and training future leaders, researchers, and practitioners
• Conducting innovative research and translating research into policy, programs, and practice
• Promoting healthy lives for diverse and, especially underserved, populations, here and abroad.
Our faculty, students, and staff are committed to:
• Freedom of thought and expression
• Honesty and integrity
• Fairness and equity
• Respect for individuals and the environment
• Celebration of individual and community diversity
• Educate public health, dietetics and nutrition, and social work students, professionals, and future leaders in core knowledge, research, and practice.
• Engage a network of community partners to enhance curriculum and training and improve the health of the community.
• Advance research in public health, dietetics and nutrition, and social work.
• Nurture a collegial environment in a college that is committed to achieving excellence.